tragedy abounds
not to diminish in any way how incredibly tragic the shootings this morning were, there are a few thoughts that do cross into my mind.
- is there anything that proves the inherent depravity of mankind more than man's capability of senselessly killing scores of innocent people
- what would've mitigated this horrendous event more? an assault weapons ban or allowing every single person to carry a concealed weapon on them at all times.
- this also sadly shows why iraq is hopeless and the war on terror is so difficult. When people have no regard for human life, including their own, there's no way to stop them short of changing their views on life.
- is there anything that proves the inherent depravity of mankind more than man's capability of senselessly killing scores of innocent people
- what would've mitigated this horrendous event more? an assault weapons ban or allowing every single person to carry a concealed weapon on them at all times.
- this also sadly shows why iraq is hopeless and the war on terror is so difficult. When people have no regard for human life, including their own, there's no way to stop them short of changing their views on life.
In addition to being a blog, i've decided to turn this into a personal webpage. I've realized that
this template they give me makes it super easy to create personal webpages and what not and I will take full advantage.
Welcome to my blog. be sure to read the 
2 Comments:
To point number 2, wasn't a massacre like this the reason why Texas allows people to carry concealed weapons? So, I think a large population of Americans would believe that is the way to go.
I think I more so don't understand why we don't hear about shootings like these in our peer countries... I wonder if it is just that the United States is so big or if there is something wrong with our society. People get so angry so easily and they deal with this anger in ways that weren't seen 50 years ago.
is it because less people are involved with social and religious organizations? (the "bowling alone" theory) I don't think so, since USA is more religious than many European countries
Is it because of the melting pot phenomenon? I doubt that too many countries in Europe are becoming more and more diverse.
Is it because of the “American” violence in movies music and video games? This is a touchy subject, but I would have a hard time believing it.
Anyway, I guess you can't understand "senseless" violence, that's why it is such named.
Post a Comment
<< Home