I need a new title

the giants aren't failures anymore

Friday, January 20, 2006

the ball has started to roll

well, the process of perhaps one day being an agent has started. After putting in the paperwork, but not hearing for a while, i had figured they were going to keep me in what i'm doing for at least another 6-12 months before contacting me. However, they have now taken the first steps, so i'll be doing phase 1 testing mid-february. if i pass that, phase 2 within another 1-2 months, and i should have most of phase 3 done already. so the moving plans and jumping to the dea are on hold for 4 months to see where this goes. we'll see what happens.

oh yeah, and despite some our naysaying, neil is right that honey roasted peanuts are slightly better for you than the dry roasted kind. i bought them in the store today and checked. although some the fat is good fat, so maybe the .5 grams of fat extra in dry roasted is the good kind.

oh yeah 2, bill's blog mentions nothing about his bride's demise, in fact it's all about chillin and relaxin and hence plenty of free time. there better be a good excuse for the 15 days without a post from the creative blah.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My very unlikely theory is that creative blah started a new blog. From the comments, seems like family has invaded that one.

I'm not sure if I'd want family to be reading my blog (if I had one), especially if, like oftentimes with some of your blogs, I just post whatever is on my mind. Seems a lot like letting them read selected pages from your diary and these things are very raw and can be taken completely out of context.

Even if you censored what you post, some of your blog buddies may not and you may not want family to be clicking on some of those links (Connie's, for example). I just think that some things in these blogs would scare some parents, nieces, nephews, etc.

Heck, would you want your employers reading these things?

Ok bloggers...Who else's blogs are now radioactive (i.e., must be more careful when posting comments, etc. -- does anyone else feel this way if you know family read these things?)? How many of you let your families read your blogs? Co-workers?

2:16 AM  
Blogger RJW said...

yeah, i'd say that's unlikely about sarah.

my sister used to read this blog, but no more. to my knowledege, the audience of this blog is almost exclusively UC Alumni.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And for you nuts "naysayers"...Bite me!

Just basking in the freedom of the non-radioactivity of this blog

5:44 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

yeah my family reads my blog but they don't usually go there unless i tell them to. Really i was going to post the weekend after newyears but my grandfolks and brother were in town, and then i had to start studying for the cfa, which i am averaging about 2 hours a day when i should be at 3. anyway you mix the cfa with year end craziness at work and getting randomly sick this week and you get no posting... this will die down a bit at work and then i can at least get some short updates in.
back to my books.
later

8:37 PM  
Blogger Skim said...

My mother called me up to tell me she'd read some of my posts and was "impressed." Apparently, my sister told our mother about her blog, and things being the way they are, my mother clicked my link. I suppose I could try to convince her that my sister knows more than one "Jed's", but that's not too likely. It hasn't really stopped me from writing what I want. Though who knows? I might not be invited to Christmas next year.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Black Licorice said...

Seeing as my mother cannot figure out how to check the messages on her cell phone after owning it for close to 4 years, I think the chances that she'll read my blog is slim. Keep the raunchy comment posting coming.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read Connie's blog for a while now and I think there's little in it that would offend anyone besides Pres. W. Bush... well, with the exception of her intimate knowledge of Laguna Beach. :p

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home