multimedia day
First, check out the pictures from my gingbread village building efforts in the Powerpoint Show (click back when you're done if it opens in browser). For those who didn't follow, i was the stereotypical asian guy (i was compared to the one in goonies often) doing the engineering and electronics of getting things hung in the air, making things move, and turning everything into gingerbread. All the decorating and what not i left to the other more capable people which is why it looks decent. We, of course won the $75 prize for most creative, so free lunch tomorrow. it was neat though since every unit participated in the contest, and actually we didn't win best, although that was because they couldn't give us both first prizes.
and i heard this amusing report on Marketplace on NPR and for some reason thought this was a segment Jed could've and should've produced. If you have 5-10 minutes, listen to it here. (sorry, just realized you need that crappy real audio to listen)
and i heard this amusing report on Marketplace on NPR and for some reason thought this was a segment Jed could've and should've produced. If you have 5-10 minutes, listen to it here. (sorry, just realized you need that crappy real audio to listen)
In addition to being a blog, i've decided to turn this into a personal webpage. I've realized that
this template they give me makes it super easy to create personal webpages and what not and I will take full advantage.
Welcome to my blog. be sure to read the 
3 Comments:
WOW
yeah that all i have to say... apparently protecting our country is a boring and easy job, giving our government works lots of "free time" to make such items.
Still, it was pretty neat, and it reminds me of Tuft's halloween.
If I ever get married, I'll be sure to refer to my spouse as "talented unit".
Also, those are the scariest toys I've ever seen.
And yes, I could've/should've done that piece. I haven't listened to it yet, but the fact remains...
It's going to be hard to top that one next year. Very cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home