I need a new title

the giants aren't failures anymore

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Fitness Standards

I am using this page to track my (declining) physical fitness abilities.
The standards are of course set by the FBI New Agent Standards



EventCurrentPoints
Situps5810
300munknown7*
Pushupsunknown5*
1.5 mi9:388
Pullups105
Total:35*



* Best Guess based on combination of past performance and current results.

12/1 - i'm in fairly lousy shape these days. i don't want to think about how these numbers are going down. i think i'm down to about 20 pushups, no joke.

3/31 - about 2 weeks ago i ran 1.5 miles on the track on a rainy day and ran 9:38. Yesterday i ran 1 mile on the track in good conditions and ran 6:10. I should be able to get the mile and half down to low 9s by the time i leave camp Q i think. I've revised my situp number down and may do the same for pushups. You have to do them both with perfect form or else it doesn't count. that makes things harder. I also found out that you do these 5 events back to back. That would obviously hamper the cumulative score. These numbers are doing the events on separate days and fully rested.

Yes, this page is created partially out of vanity and making myself feel relatively good about how close i can eventually get to scoring 50 points, how i'm in decent shape, etc... the only justification for this page is that you should track your progress when working out, it's inspirational to yourself, and this page sort of does that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home